Friday, April 30, 2010

First birthday...

Happy birthday Silas. My beautiful third son who brightens all our days.
Up at 4:30 this morning, kind of ironic since a year ago today we had to be up at 4:30 to head to the hospital for Silas's arrival. Can a year really have gone by since then?

Here I am at 9 months pregnant. I felt huge, but actually gained less weight than I did with either of the other boys. Hard to believe I was carrying an almost 9 pound baby..Meeting mommy and Daddy for the first time. We couldn't get over how big you were or how much you looked like your brothers.Happy times in the recovery room. I was so glad that I wasn't in terrible pain like I had been after having Noah or so drugged up I could only sleep like after I had Levi.The boys were so excited to meet you for the first time. Noah had been "afraid you wouldn't be a brother" and he so desperately wanted you to be a boy. When we called to say you were a boy, he was so excited he was jumping up and down. Levi was mostly curious about you - I think he still is since he finds it necessary to experiment with you all the time...My precious little one: You are growing up way too quickly. I miss it, this sweet newborn stage when you snuggled right against me like you really were part of me. Please don't grow up so fast.

1 comment: