Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Strawberries

We went strawberry picking yesterday. Not the best year we've gone - it took us a lot longer than it usually does, and we got fewer berries. Guess all the rain and cool weather we've had has slowed things down. The boys started out picking, but they actually out of steam because it took us too long. They were "bored and sweating" - ah, mom, now I know what you went through with Josh and I making that complaint all those times!




Silas was the smart one - he fell asleep in the sun surrounded by the smell of strawberries:
And for those of you who doubted that I might have super powers - I can make lots of strawberry jam one-handed while nursing a fussy baby. I only ended up making 10 batches of jam this year to fill my jars - last year I made 13 batches, so I guess I'm slowing down. This stuff does look YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment